-
May 25th, 2006, 04:36 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Your 2nd one appears, to me, to be a Mattel doll. It's simply the way that her hair lies at the front. Instead of falling down a bit before going into the braid (like your other 2), and like most PM Josefina dolls (including my own), that I've seen. The newer ones I have seen pictures of seen to have their hair go straight back like that. Of course, the braid on that one could just be tighter, although I know mine's was loser when we first got her, and I hadn't unbraided her hair. Did you get that one off ebay? Any chance she's had a head replacement?
I know my doll is a PM one, and your first one looks the most like mine. Mine does not have a 1 on her neck, and I received her in the first couple months of '98, but I'm positive that she is PM. She has a huge bum,and all of her features say PM to me. I won her in a contest that occured just before the doll was released, and I've always assumed that they put the dolls aside for the winners. I know M was '98, but I have NO doubts that my doll is PM.
It doesn't make any sense, to me, that the dolls with the circled ones aren't, at least, PM. I'm pretty sure mine's a first run doll (and she also has the shorter eyelashes, but they're just as feathery as my other PM dolls, and very soft to the touch). I've always thought mine was a first run doll, made in a different factory that had a mold without a 1 on it. I have seen one that had a 1, a friend of mine has one, and she looks identical to mine, except with the 1. That doll was definitely PM. She said her mom bought her as SOON as she was released, so I'm pretty confidant that hers with the 1 is a PM, first run doll.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks